Non-Immigrant Visas Instructions.(English)
How to Apply for a Visa
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE CONTINUING.
1. All applicants must complete online application form DS-160. No other applications will be accepted. The application must be completed before making an appointment.
This form is available in English and Portuguese. All information must be completed in English.
Please follow the instructions carefully and verify all information for accuracy. Any mistakes will require you to complete a new application form and schedule a new appointment. Ensure you have entered the full passport number, including letters, if any.
The applicant must print the confirmation page that includes biographical information and a bar code confirmation number. Applicants must bring the DS-160 confirmation page to the interview.
2. Make an appointment for an interview as soon as you know you will travel via the on-line appointment system. Click here to access the on-line appointment system.
* * * Make only one appointment per person. Additional appointments for the same person, even on different dates, will be automatically canceled.* * *
Click here to view the wait time for a visa.
Click here if you need to make an appointment for emergency travel.
3. Verify your passport will be valid for at least six months past the date you intend to enter the U.S.
* * * Applicants who have completed their applications incorrectly, or are without the confirmation page, valid passport or do not have the appropriate fee will have to reschedule their interview* * *
On the day of the interview…
No guarantees regarding your visa application can be made prior to the interview, and applicants are encouraged not to make non-refundable travel arrangements until the visa has been approved. Applicants will be told at the interview if the visa application has been approved. If an application for a visa has been approved the visa and passport usually will be returned at the Consulate on the following workday. If the application is subject to additional administrative processing or if additional information is required, the applicant will be informed at the interview.
Application Fee Payment Instructions
When you arrive at the Consulate to apply for a nonimmigrant visa, you must pay a non-refundable application fee (machine readable visa (MRV) fee). The MRV fee for tourist, business and student/exchange visitor visas is currently 160 U.S. dollars or the equivalent in meticais. The MRV fee may be paid only in cash. If you are requesting a visa different from the ones listed above, please contact the Consular Section to verify the MRV fee amount. If you do not have the MRV fee at the time of your interview you will have to schedule a new appointment through the online system.
Please note the MRV fee is non-refundable even if your visa application is denied.
Nationals of some countries will have to pay an additional visa issuance fee based on fees their governments charge U.S. citizens applying for similar visas. There is no reciprocal issuance fee for Mozambican citizens. This fee is only applicable if the visa application is approved. It can be paid at the Consulate in cash (U.S. dollars or meticais). More information can be found by clicking here.
What Type of Visa Do I Need?
Visa Waiver Program. U.S. visa policy permits citizens of certain countries to travel to the U.S. without a visa for less than 90 days for purposes of tourism or business.
1. A valid passport valid for at least 6 months past your intended date of travel and with at least two blank pages.
2. Appointment confirmation page:
3. Information regarding your financial solvency and ties to your country of residence. This may include documents regarding your current employment, tax statements, ownership of property, etc.
Information regarding the purpose of your trip or additional information that is relevant to your application.
Please note the Consulate does not accept supplemental documentation for your visa application in advance of the interview. All documentation must be brought to the interview. Please bring all documentation you wish to be considered in your application to your interview. You cannot provide information at a later date.
Visa interviews are usually brief. However, the time an applicant waits before their interview depends on how many people are applying for visas that day. Please allow 1 to 3 hours for the entire application process. Applicants are interviewed in the order they submit their completed application.